GLOCK P80 vs G17
What's the difference between the GLOCK P80 and G17?
The P80 is the model name given to the GLOCK 17 by the Austrian Military. The P80 or Pistole 80 is the first pistol GLOCK ever delivered to a military organization. The reintroduced GLOCK P80 is the same as a GLOCK model 17 Gen 1 pistol except for the rollmark indicating "P80" on the left side of the slide and internal upgrades. In my opinion, the GLOCK P80 is GLOCK in its purest from. It was the pistol that introduced us to GLOCK.
For those who want to know the differences between the new P80 and an original Model 17 Gen 1 here are the details:
- The P80’s have polygonal rifling.
- The trigger mechanism is the same as the Gen 3 which is basically the same as the Gen 1.
- It will work with any generation of magazines. It comes with Gen 3 mags
- Sights are the same as a Gen 3 pistol. All generations of sights are basically the same.
- The new P80's do not have the 13.5mm “pencil barrel” like the very first P80’s. Late manufactured P80’s, around 1986 and later, had the thicker 14mm barrel.
- GLOCK made a new extractor that is flat like the originals for the new P80’s.
- GLOCK made a new mold that duplicates the original Gen 1 mold. The original had been re-purposed in the early 90’s.
- The "Tupperware" box is a Gen3 style box.
Download GLOCK P80 PDF.